Friday 12 May 2017

Hello


Hello everyone - how exciting! I have been asked to create a blog by the lovely Jodi Tucker-Watson at Throwing Some Scraps Around.
My name - as you probably guessed! - is Karen and I am Jodie's official hybrid crafter which basically means that I get to cut n stick n generally play with her beautiful digital kits first - lucky me! I started paper crafting around 10 years ago after a lifetime of trying any and every craft as I came across it.  I came across digital crafting quite quickly and found that it really appealed to me as whilst I can design and seem to have a good eye for layout and colour etc I cannot draw at all. Eventually however I found that whilst I got a great sense of satisfaction from all my design projects I wanted to do more than just post them to the internet and wave a fond farewell, so I started printing them off and simply matting and layering them onto card blanks. Of course my inner child soon escaped and I introduced digital artwork to cutting and sticking - hey presto hybrid crafting! The rest as they stay is history.

My first blog will be posted very soon with a little project that I hope will inspire you all to think a bit outside the box when you have your digital kits and use them in different ways, but most of all to have fun with them.
Jodi has an Etsy sellers page called
Throwing Some Scraps Around by Digital Designs by Jodi
https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/DigitalDesignsbyJodi?ref=l2-shopheader-name
which is full of beautiful complete digikits, layout templates and mini kits amongst other scrapbooking delights.




No comments:

Post a Comment